Rumsfeld doubts Saddam Laden link

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 4, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Zaid macrumors 6502

wow, really!

Is this what is meant by flip-floping?

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

"...This just in: The world is now indeed round.

This reporter's opinion: Well, no sh**."

4. toontra macrumors 6502

Right. So where are we 2 years on. NO WMD, NO links with Al Qaida, but there ARE US troops protecting the pipelines pumping millions of barrels of oil out of Iraq each day, with the likelihood of this military presence being there for many years to come to safeguard US commercial interests (sorry, I mean to safeguard "democracy"!).

Can we please have a response from those on this board who have continuously claimed links between Saddam & Al Qaida as a justification for war.

I hate saying it but almost everything I and many others here (not to mention most of the world's leaders) have said about the misleading information given as reasons for invading Iraq has turned out to be correct.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not to mention the fact that when you go to war, it's usually a good idea to have a reason first. Not to try to find reasons to justify a decision already made. Especially when those reasons turn out to be untrue. I'm going to enjoy these debates.

I can see not liking Kerry much on some issues, but how can anyone vote for Bush based on so many mistakes?

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, it appears Rumsfeld has been taken to the woodshed and spanked for his moment of relative candor. He's now backing off his earlier admission.

And then later in the same article...

Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's the problem when painting an opponent with such a characterization (whether true or not). When you do it too, you become even more of a hypocrite. Not that they weren't already... flip-floppers and hypocrites. Most politicians are.

"The United States will not be involved in nation building..." - George W. Bush