Rumsfeld fears U.S. losing long-term fight against terror

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 6, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Now, how does a foreign policy, that turns almost every Islamic nation in the world hostile to the US, helping combat this problem? Let's see we could occupy the capital of Islamic nations, shoot up Muslim holy sites, and capture and hold the citizens of such nations without regard to the Geneva Convention, including torture and humiliation - that's the ticket! Where was this concern when he dismissed all the pre-war planning that told him that his disregard for the "post-war" Iraq was going to lead to the alienation, hatred, and polarization that he is lamenting now? If Rummy is serious about any of this he would start by resigning effective immediately.

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

don't worry, i'm sure he'll take "full responsibility"

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I believe a more appropriate title to this thread would be:

"Rumsfeld fears US losing long-term fight against reality"
    or
    "Rumsfeld fears losing long-term fight against competence"

This is kinda fun...
    On a serious note, I seem to remember something about hindsight and 20/20...good for him...it shows we could all be Secretary of Defense, if all we need is belated common-sense brought on by overwhelming evidence...Yay USA.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You mean it's possible to win every major battle and still lose the war? And Rummy's just realizing this? I thought everyone learned that lesson 30 years ago. Except for the neocons I guess...

6. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I think he just wants to convert all Muslims. Seriously, that is his underlying message: if we don't convert them we'll never win the war on terror.