Rumsfeld: "Fire the next guy who plans for post-war Iraq"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

In an interview with the Norfolk Daily Press, Army Brig. General Mark Scheid is quote as saying the following:

emphasis added

Truly amazing. :mad:

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

3. Queso macrumors G4

Doesn't surprise me at all. Rumsfeld and his arms dealing friends had more to gain from a destabilised Middle East.

He's an evil man and karma will catch up with him sooner or later.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, that's a much better solution than firing the person who failed to come up with a post-war plan. Or, erm, a pre-war plan. Or, for that matter, a during-war plan. Come on...would you trust these guys to be your designated driver, let alone trust them to plan something like this out?

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Developing a well thought out plan, and executing it with minimal error does not aid the terrorists. Firing someone who only wishes to help the situation will only make it worse. Rumy should have been fired by Bush himself a year ago.

This doesn't make sense to me. :confused: YOU NEED A FREAKIN PLAN TO GET SOMETHING DONE!

6. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

How can our Congress tolerate this man? Why haven't they ran him out of town with pitchforks!

Let me guess, does he have post public office retirement fund already planned?

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thats easy, Congress is republican ran, the whitehouse is also. Congress has given this President along with his staff free reign to do anything they want including not having a Iraq post war plan. America works much better when the power is split bewtween both parties so we have oversight, checks & balances. Republicans could care a less about Iraq,Mexico's border,New Orleans,Healthcare,etc etc. They are OWNED by the corporations. We elected these morons and we are getting what we deserve only thing is we kicked out the other party because they are a bunch of morons also. We need a new Party that represents this country & people. At the moment Republicans suck big time. Rumsfeld,Cheney,Rove,Bush jr all need to go.

8. Queso macrumors G4

In November vote out every incumbent. It's the only way to send a message they'll pick up on.

9. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I PRAY enough Americans are willing to do this. I know I'll be there. I'm a little concerned about what the current crop of politicians or Bush and his cadre are going to pull out of their respective hats. I expect the following before the November elections:

1. Lower gas prices (see, we're doing something about the oil companies)
    2. National security issues (boo! Did we scare you yet?)
    3. Speeches about success in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'm concerned about the following...
    1. Civil war in Iraq
    2. Anarchy in Afghanistan
    3. Nuclear tests in North Korea
    4. Nuclear impasse in Iran
    5. Martial law in the US

This is a scary year so far...I shudder to think what 2 more years of the current administration will bring. If we have another crisis, will the administration declare martial law and remain in power indefinitely. Or is that just a delusional nightmare of mine....

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I agree, screw partys lets just kick out everyone of these bums and put some democrats in there and if they pull the same crap we will vote them out. Sooner or later you would think one of these two clowns would start representing the people. I have decided to vote out every incumbant with my ballot and urge everyone to do the same. Bush & the republicans handling of Iraq has been a sham and a scam. Rumsfeld needs to retire and find a nice rocking chair.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

How about a waterboard or some stress positions? Then we can get his opinion as to whether such things amount to torture...

12. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I honestly don't think that is beyond the realm of possibility.

Bush and co. have become more oppressing than the "dictators" they "liberate" other countries from.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I dunno if I'd go that far. But they are bad for our democracy.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thats a very good point, all this torture stuff had to come from either him or the President. I still cant even fathom that this President wants to torture folks. The U.S. has found a new low.

15. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

The US keeps finding NEW lows. We completely lost the moral ground when we adopted the position of the preemptive strike. Then we lost the moral ground of incarceration without any human rights or due process. I don't doubt that there are some "really bad people" there, but holding someone for 3 years without actually charging them with a crime - that's not right. Secret prisons run by the CIA....that's what the gestapo and KGB used to do. We're not as bad as some of the dictatorships, but I'd say we're on the road...

16. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I was having some what of a related discussion with a friend today. I somehow brought up the point that democracies don't go to war with other democracies. But it's democracies that are more openly aggressive with other non-democracies. That democracies are as violent, if not more violent then these dictatorships simply because democracies in the past have gone to wars to spread freedom. Dictatorships, for the most part, have not started whole wars to spread their ideology.

One could argue that the state of Connecticut has sent that message. I can vouch that down here in Texas, Governor Perry's cushy little job is at risk. Though it has little to do with the war in Iraq, it just shows that Americans (and Texans too ;) ) are wanting change.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Why isn't this being played up more in the news. Like the Nazi comment, Dems, get out there and tell people! Let it be known that Rummie is completely incompetent.

Well, ok, people already know that... but still!