Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cthesky

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
Hi all,

Recently, my friend gave me a pendrive which consists Mac OS X Lion installer, but She forget where She downloaded this installer last time. So, how to know whether this installer is officially downloaded from Apple App Store? How about if lastly I found that this is an unofficial Lion installer, can I still use it to run and install Xcode 4.3? Can I still use Xcode to submit app if my Mac OS platform is not officially downloaded from Apple App Store?

This is my first time install Mac OS X. Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot. :)

Last edited:

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Mac installers are not binded by an account afaik. If you have the installer, you can go to any device and install it there (I bought them all, I just know this).
And you can install Xcode from the appstore, use it to submit new apps to the appstore :) There should be no problem at all.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
You'll need to be installing it on Mac hardware. The installer does check whether it's being installed on Mac hardware or not. Even if you trick it into thinking its on Mac hardware, I think various drivers just dont work (your setup would be referred to as a "Hackintosh".)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.