Run has been disabled for my project

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Danneman101, Apr 8, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Aug 14, 2008
    I've copied an old project to make a new one as I usually do (editing where necessary), but after some edits the Run-button gets disabled.

This has happened twice (first time I deleted the project and tried again), but I still can't say exactly what caused the Run to be disabled.

When clicking the drop-down menu to the right of the Run and Stop buttons (top left of XCode 4) I don't see any of the devices or simulators usually available.

Instead I see the target project's name, and to the right it says "My Mac 64-bit". Nothing on my mac is called "My Mac", so I'm not sure what this means.

Any ideas what has caused this and what to do?
  2. macrumors 65816

Dec 29, 2010
    Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
    I'm sorry to bump into this old post, but I'm having the exact issue. For a client I have 3 projects, which are all finished. and some I can build perfectly in freshly installed xcode 4, and some I can't, "Run button is disabled or greyed out". is my error to be exactly. So I just can't freaking click Run :/

Hope anyone knows. THanks
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 14, 2008
    I realized that the run-button disappeared once I renamed the .xcodeproj-file.