run (or convert) diablo II pc on a mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sigma3d, Jun 13, 2004.

1. sigma3d macrumors newbie

is someone know if it is possible to run or conversion of pc version diablo II cds (also LoD) to mac?

2. ~MiB~ macrumors newbie

you don't need to, they are hybrid disks, can run on PC and Mac.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I have the same problem - a friend lost his copy, so I let him borrow my hybrid version. He then lost my copy, then found his, which he gave back to me - and it's the Windows version :(

4. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

5. Golem macrumors 6502

6. sigma3d thread starter macrumors newbie

yes my cds isnt hybrid they are pc. i cant run or install to my mac. i use tha os x installer and carbon updates. but it isnt work. i think i have nt got some files. diablo II preferences and default.key files are missing. can someone mail this files to my email box. sigma3d@tnn.net

7. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

8. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Diablo 2 is very easy to copy from one harddisk to another. What i mean to say is: I have D2 always on my ipod, so that I can play on another mac. Only your problem is that you have to have the CD while playing. A friend of mine got around that with his pc. He only needs it on startup and in a game he doesn't the cd. Does anyone know how to do that on a mac? On his PC he copied a couple of files.

9. DGFan macrumors 6502a

You don't need the physical CD. A mounted disk image of the Diablo II or LOD CD will suffice.

10. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

not if you have the expansion set. that cd is very hard to copy or make a good disk image of it...