RunCore FW update...!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Shrek-Moscow, Jan 25, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Apr 11, 2008
  2. macrumors newbie

Jun 9, 2009
    Nice find! My RunCore SSD's performance is still good though, so I think I'll probably wait for them to offer a less convoluted install process for Macs. May be a while of course...
  3. macrumors 6502

Jul 13, 2009
    Is there anything similar for the stock SSD in a Rev. B? Mine seems really slow as of late.
  4. macrumors member

Oct 7, 2009
    Found this in the bug fix doc from Indilinx regarding FW 1916.

Bug Fix: performance drop issue in quite clean state. This problem is fixed with changing weak dynamic wear leveling parameter
  5. macrumors member

Oct 7, 2009
    There are some patches for this problem with Gen 3 SSD's I know it works with the JMicron 601 and 602 controller. I am not sure if there is a mac version or something like it.

Many people use this with the Runcore Pro III SSD's they report it helps but does not compare with a new Pro IV SSD.

Matt Dawson
  6. macrumors newbie

Jun 9, 2009
    Runcore support FTW

I emailed, told them I'm on a Mac, and asked them to send me an ISO to update my runcore drive's firmware. They asked for my drive's PN. I sent them my hard drive info from the system profiler instead (includes model name, serial number, etc). They emailed me an ISO (was about 700k big). I burned the ISO to a blank CD, booted off the CD, ran the .EXE that was in the root dir, and it updated my firmware. I booted to bootcamp, took a look in the hardware manager, and verified the new firmware version.

Piece of cake!