Runcore reseller in China?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by spriter, Feb 15, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

spriter

Hi guys,

Since Runcores originally come from Hangzhou, I'm hoping there's a place in Beijing where I can pick one up from. Does anyone know if they are definitely available? I'm thinking 中关村 (Zhōngguāncūn) might have them?

Thanks

2. macrumors regular

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

spriter

Thanks but no luck :( Might have to head on down there and see if I can find one unless a mailable option becomes available in the next few days from a reputable supplier here.

4. macrumors member

I will get back to you on this on Tuesday. Runcore is offered in a few retail locations in China but I will have to get a list and everyone in China is on break right now.

Matt

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

spriter

Thanks Matt. I checked Zhongguancun online but they only came up with Kingspec and Photofast which I'm not interested in. Despite that, I went down there this morning and couldn't find any - the few SSDs were indeed from Photofast or other non-Runcore brands - so I didn't buy.

Most of the service people there seemed to frown at the mention of SSD (one seller tried to tell me it was a German brand :eek: and didn't believe me when I said the factory is in Hangzhou, others just didn't know what and SSD drive is). Perhaps it needs a few years before SSDs catch on here then.

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors 6502

Let us know. I might be interested buy one in China if price is comparable to US since my wife's MBA is there. I am particularly interested in weather there is retail location in Harbin, Heilongjiang.

8. macrumors member

Looks like Newegg China is the best way.

We have some small retail locations but they are in Shanghai.

God Luck

Matt Dawson
    Runcore