runing BeOS on VPC

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by vniow, Jan 17, 2004.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Has anyone ever gotton BeOS to run in VPC?

I'd try it out myself but I don't have access to broadband at the moment....

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....as far as I am aware nobody has gotten it to work. As I have VPC and a copy of BeOS around I did watch a few threads on various boards and Be newsgroups for a while but eventually lost interest......oh yeah!

3. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Duff-man...its amazing...every post from you has the "Duff-Man says" and the "oh yeah!"

I think you've been enjoying too much of your Island "produce" lately.

4. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

revenuee says "thats how duff-man talks" booya

:)

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

hehe, its duff man's gimmick, its pretty cool / original if you ask me hehe
    when duff man gets an avatar he'll have ot put a good amount of time in to make it awesome

to vniow: I haven't tried BeOS but i recently ran PHLAK just to see if I could ..

Attached Files:

6. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

This is interesting..I have the BeOS 8 Devoloper Cd....Dont know what It does or anything...JUst found it

Sorry for image quality

Attached Files:

7. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Don't get me wrong though, i love the duffman theme....i've complimented the duff on it many times...

i'm just saying that maybe its a result of Vancouver Island's great ganja.

8. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Re: runing BeOS on VPC

I got it to work a long time ago (well, 1-2 years ago.) I used r4.5 for x86, but it worked. It would boot off the CD, then hang for a while at the network icon (it lights-up icons as it boots) but after a few minutes it would go to the license agreement and so on and so forth. All in black & white though, because VPCs video card isn't supported by BeOS :rolleyes:

As far as I know, BeOS suffered from the same problems as OS/2 in that there was little-to-no hardware support for it. It supported only a handfull of network cards & video cards, and PCMCIA was still a little dodgy.

The last version to come out was 5 Personal Edition (or the Pro edition) but was only installable through windows :mad:

What's the problem people were having?