Runners: iPod Mini Perfection

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JPGR_Fan, Apr 26, 2004.

1. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

After several months of use, I wish to recommend to runners and others who want to listen to music in an active situation, that they should get in line and buy an iPod Mini. Not once has mine failed to operate properly. The armband is comfortable enough and is washable. Thoughtful use of Playlists in iTunes can provide whatever you want to listen to effortlessly. You won't even miss your 20/30/40 GB iPod while running, and can save it or other uses.

Way to go Apple!

2. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I am really wondering why the mini should work better for running then the regular - which isn't working for running.

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I would guess that the mini hard drives are less susceptible to the impact of running than the regular iPods.

4. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Looks like. I would really like some others to comment on that. I didn't buy an iPod until now because my main use is for running. If the mini works that much better it would be really great.

One question: are you carrying the mini in your hand or do you have it in your pocket ?

5. darraghsmyth macrumors newbie

That sounds like great news - I've been looking for sth to use while running for a while. I wasn't aware that the iPod (maxi) was a tad dodgy under sporting duress! Does it actually break or just "jump" mid-tracks?

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I lost my mini in a staircase this morning, but - after some swearing - when I picked it up it had not even turned itself of and was playing happily. Of course I don't know if it skipped or not, as it tore itself loose from my headset, but it shows that the mini is a tough little machine that, obviously, can take a beating... :)

I hope I never have to find out if it survives another fall onto a concrete floor... ;)

7. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Why do you have one on Norway ?