Running a dedicated server on Call of Duty: United Offensive

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Feb 19, 2005.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Where can I find the proper tools to let me run a dedicated server on CoD UO? Whenever I try to host a dedicated server, it quits out of MP and opens the console. Thanks in advance.
  2. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

Oct 25, 2003
    Leeds, England
    The dedicated option does open up a console like window that is perfectly normal. If you want the ability to control the server more try downloading the utility from here I've tried and although I can get a server running it doesn't seem to register in COD UO just on that site as a local machine. I put my problems down to my airport though. Let us know if you get it going, it will be great to see some mac servers.
  3. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2003
    Yeah, I was also going to recommend Martin van spraje's page, but it looks like psychobob beat me to it :)

The console window makes sense, as there has to be some display of what the game serving engine is doing. The dedicated part simply means that it is not *also* running the single player game-- therefore the fact that it quits your MP client game also makes perfect sense b/c it is now dedicated to running the server alone.