Running and iPod's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ebook, Oct 22, 2004.

1. ebook macrumors 6502

I was wondering how many people run with their normal iPod. I'm looking at getting one and I can't have both a iPod and mini, so I'm naturally going for the 20 GB iPod. But, I want it to be comfortable to run with.

Sooooooo, give me some running with an iPod reviews

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ive done it, never skipped, just make sure to get something like the iSkin exo which comes with a slightly better clip for running with

now my ex-fiance, she went running with her iPod everyday, no problems what so ever, just be careful not to drop it and you wont have any problems as far as i can see

3. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Just remember.....the higher the encoding for a song.....the less skip prevention time you will get.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

this is a highly disputed subject. some people claim that iPods are terrible at skipping during long jogging sessions. others (myself included) say theirs doesn't skip at all. My guess is that it depends on the batch of hard drives you get. But providing you don't clip it on your belt (one of the highest-impact areas during jogging), you should be fine-- get an armband for it, or just hold it in your hand.

paul

5. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Gravity plays a role as well.
    When you attach your ipod to your belt, it is more prone to choc since your hips absorb a lot of the energy of the impact from running.

A good point for the ipod mini is, that you can buy an armband wich not only looks very good but also enables you to attach the mini on your arm, that does a very regular more smooth movements. I think the mini is perfect for sports in general, but of course it has only got 4 gig HD.

Attached Files:

6. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Paul was faster than me.
    Yes and holding it in your hand is also a good option. It gives you the freedom to skip songs, and play with the volume, whilst you speeding along.

7. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

I would not hold it in your hand, at least not with it being unstrapped. I remember running with my old rio mp3 player and dropping it when I was on a long run and was really tired. I just wasn't thinking. It didn't break but then again it wasn't a HD based player.

8. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies! I thought I had seen an arm band for the iPod mentioned on here sometime. I will have to do some research and see if I can find it. If I can that is probably what I will get because I want/need the larger HD space and I can't afford a mini and an iPod.

9. plus_c macrumors member

ebook,
    You might be interested in this: Teski Roadie

I own one, and love it because not only is it an armband case, it can also be a belt clip. The only downside is that there's a clear plastic screen protector that they haven't made a 4G version of yet. Go check it out.