Running anything in CrossOver??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by the Western zoo, Oct 23, 2006.

1. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

hi...

I got some educational cds with windows apps on them and wanted to try out CrossOver but when I try to install them nothing happens - nothing at all!!
    I also downloaded GTA from Rockstar and got the installer app running and was feeling - finally somethings working! But after I got it installed the game it self wouldn't run...

what am I doing wrong? or have I just been unlucky?

2. somegraphx macrumors newbie

Crossover sometimes works for me

I'm running crossover. I didn't have any trouble installing. I do have problems with some of my programs running. IE is ALWAYS crashing...but then again, it crashes all the time with my PC friends too.

What are you running? I have a MacBook Pro

3. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

I gave up on Crossover long ago, so I now Dual-Boot Tiger/Vista and run XP on Parallels. Nice idea, but nothing I wanted to use works. Even the really small apps don't work for me.

4. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

In running a MacBook... I just wanted to play this classic since I can't find my old PSX version I was hoping crossover would do the trick!! I don't wanna go out and buy winblows cause OSX is wonderfull for everything but playing old PC games...! :) I'm not even sure I would run in winXP...

5. 04440 macrumors member

No crossover

I'm not going to do the crossover for a while. I do too much 3d stuff.. I'm sure I'll run into problems. ...:confused: