Running Different Applications within OpenOffice?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SVG, Jun 16, 2006.

1. SVG macrumors newbie

Hi, all, I managed to install both X11 and a non-QA Intel version of OpenOffice. Everything successfully installed and running fine. Problem is, as stupid as it sounds, everytime I click on the OpenOffice icon, all I get is Writer. How do I open Calc and Impress?

In the Windows version, each program would start using its own .exe. However, I am new to OSX and there is only one OpenOffice icon in Applications. Thanks a lot for any help.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'd recommend you download NeoOffice. It is a native Mac version of OpenOffice. Although I still think that MS Office is the way to go, neither OpenOffice or NeoOffice are that great of alternatives.

3. applefan macrumors regular

it's been a while since i ran Oo_O under X11, but if i remember correctly, click 'file' in the Oo_O menu bar then click 'new'. then it should show a selection of file types to choose from. also, i think there is an icon that resembles the Oo_O logo on the left end of the standard toolbar that will offer the same choices.

4. SVG thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, applefan. That worked. I don't see any icon/menu that would allow me to choose the applications, but picked File -> New definitely solves it.

I will definitely try NeoOffice when the Intel version comes out next month. I thought of MS Office but that runs pretty poorly under Rosetta. iWork doesn't have spreadsheet or database. Also, I am not such a heavy Office user that I would not get by with Ooo. Thanks a bunch, guys.