Running Hypercard, etc. on my MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Espritman, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Espritman macrumors newbie

Mar 26, 2007
    I love my new MacBook Pro even though it replaced its most recent predecessor. The speed is head–spinning especially on applications like MediaFork.

My problem is the inability to run 3 of my OS9 applications. One especially, Hypercard, contains thousands of names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. that I have collected in 20+ years from my first Mac.

One of the geniuses at The Apple Store suggested I download SheepShaver and take it from there. It’s the: ‘Take it from there’ where I’m stuck. Does anyone have another solution or can you walk me through the SheepShaver’ process? I’ve gotten as far as downloading a ROM to my desktop. Now what?

Any support will be greatly appreciated especially since re-keying the Hypercard info would take the balance of my lifetime.
  2. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    Albany, NY
    As you have found out the hard way, the classic environment is unsupported under Intel. A quick google turned up a few links including a forum where you might get more help.

According to wikipedia there is at least one hypercard application written for OSX and does run on Intel.

But I really do recommend that you try to get the information out of hypercard ( or other OS 9/PPC apps ) and into a more supported application like Address Book.
  3. Trogloxene macrumors regular

Apr 17, 2007
    You might check into that program called Revolution.