Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fc0712

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Hey

I am currenlty running ios 7 beta on my iPhone 5 and was wondering if stupid to run on my daily phone.

i am living in Denmark and are soon traveling to the us, and therefore i wanted to ask you if it would best to downgrade to iOS 6 before i leave because if something bad happens at the phone while i am in the states i would be pretty ****ed

my phones udid is registered as a developer

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
You're kidding me... clearly not a developer.

I'm not sure why everybody assumes that being a developer automatically equates with intelligence.

There are a lot of iOS "developers" out there and it is pretty trivial to become one.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
I am not a developer and am running iOS 7 Beta 2 on my 4s as my primary device.

Why should the developers only have access to a new OS?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Hey

I am currenlty running ios 7 beta on my iPhone 5 and was wondering if stupid to run on my daily phone.

i am living in Denmark and are soon traveling to the us, and therefore i wanted to ask you if it would best to downgrade to iOS 6 before i leave because if something bad happens at the phone while i am in the states i would be pretty ****ed

Seven responses including a moderator and only one is semi-on topic. Come on folks, we can do better.

OP: I wouldn't call it stupid, it's a matter of how much risk you can tolerate. Only you can determine what *must* work and if the beta breaks that or not (whether its an app or a phone that stays charged more than 6 hours). Since it's been a couple of weeks you can see in the forum what's going well and what isn't and make a decision.

To answer your question, I would downgrade and I strongly recommend downgrading. :) Good luck and enjoy the trip. Depending on where you are headed I am either envious or you have my sympathy. :D

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Hey

I use it on my iPhone 5, which is my primary device, but only because I constantly have my iPad or Laptop on hand in case I need to take care of something.

There are lots of bugs which get in the way of daily usage.

If your calendar is important to you, DOWNGRADE to iOS6. My calendar shows events on the wrong times and dates. That's a pretty serious bug especially for someone who's traveling. The only reason I can tolerate it is because I almost always have my iPad in my bag... but it's become really annoying to rely on something other than my phone to mind my schedule.

(a nice workaround though it downloading the app Fantastical. It does everything I always wishes the standard calendar app would do, including correctly displaying the times and dates of my events).

Kennysmoothx

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
Using it as my primary device, iPhone 5.

It is buggy, there are glitches, and battery life has been substantially poor.

Besides that, if you don't mind carrying a charger, or have a means of charging the phone mid day, it's defiantly usable in my opinion.

Don't expect anything polished, but nothing extraordinarily messed up in this beta release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.