Running Jag, how to I get iDVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by baddison, Feb 17, 2005.

1. baddison macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2005
    I am running Jag 10.2.8. I need to author a film I cut in Final Cut onto DVD.

I don't think I have iDVD... any suggestions. Do I have to upgrade to Panther in order to get iDVD. I thought about buying iLife, but you have to be running Panther for it to work..

I just want to output this film...... any suggestions would be great :confused:
  2. cyanide macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2005
    if you just want to output the film you can use Toast by Roxio. If you need to create menus and what not you need either iDVD or DVD Studio Pro. Either of these programs can be run in Jaguar, just not the newest versions. Upgrade to panther though.. or just wait for Tiger.. but it will seriously change the way you use your computer even if you just opt for Panther. its THAT much better.
  3. baddison thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2005
    Thanks for the info cyanide.

I don't care about menus or anything fancy becasue it is only a 3 minute film. If I burn a DVD with Toast will it be able to play it on a home DVD player?

And yes, a system upgrade is in the near future, but It doesn't make sense to buy Panther when Tiger is out this summer.

Can I buy a Jag compatible version of iDVD as a stand alone in the mean time?
  4. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    the great OKLAHOMA....
    Yes, toast works in standard dvd players.

5. baddison thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2005
    I tried Toast and the DVD would not play.

Did I do something wrong? seemed pretty basic, is there a step I am missing to output from Final Cut Pro to Toast that will allow it to play on a home DVD.

I want to find a way to do this without buying Panther, which will be outdated this Summer.

6. daveL macrumors 68020

Jun 18, 2003