Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do u believe me

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

thebigapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2002
To many of the ppl that will read this they will not believe, but I am using 10.2 right now (August 2nd).

I will not give away to much but here it is:

New loading curser (Beach Ball) has changed to be bigger and sharper (but I think not as nice).

New buttons, now a bit more flatter than the old ones.

Instead of the arrows chasing their tails it has changed to a shockwave kind of looking thing.

I tried iChat but I didn't have a AOL account and when I tried rendevouz it didn't work (Same with itunes, didn't work.

The address book is cool but I can't get the "map of" to work.

System Prefs have changed to be easier and look more modern (White mouse and keyboard now).

Sharing prefs have changed to be more useable, you can now share printers and the internet, (So if you have an airport connection to an iMac you can hook another computer up to the iMac using ethernet to share the internet).

New backgrounds, you can also set it to change every so minutes, hours etc.

Mails new junk filter works really well.

Dock has changed to a slightly transperant white instead of stripes.

Preview has changed to be more complex with thumbnail options, and when you open more than 1 picture it doesn't open new windows for each, just shows them in the thumbnail drawer.

If you use airport the menu bar thing has changed so you can connect using the drop down menu and you can see the time on the menu bar.

TextEdit has changed, more complex.

That's all I want to say and I will remove this post soon.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
I don't think there's any need for you to remove the post... there's nothing in your post that most people here havent heard anyway. Plus, I''m not sure you can delete your post... I think that has to be done by a mod.

papplegate

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Why would anyone care if you are running 10.2? Lots of people who develop software have it, and some that should not have it. If you are running it before 8/24 congrats. I have to wait, and I am sure most of the rest of the world does too.
Paul

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by Beej
Plus, I''m not sure you can delete your post... I think that has to be done by a mod.
You're right, you can't delete your own posts...a mod. must do that for you.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Tell me...are the SPRING-LOADED Folders in GM?

P.S.: If the first post of the thread is deleted the entire thread could be deleted.

appledawg, do you have any screenshots of these "shockwave" occurances, or the transparent dock?

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
you could edit it, and take all the info out, though the post itself may not be deleatable

merges

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2002
yes, spring-loaded folders are part of jaguar.

the asynchronous progress indicator (formerly chasing arrows, now the "shockwave-like thingy" as it was most elegantly described) is visible in the countdown widget at http://www.apple.com/macosx/

imagine the dock without pinstriping and you have your new dock.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Wow thebigapple, you know how to use carracho, and find developer seeds. Tell us, what build are you using? Besides, tons of people already know about what you posted here. Why don't you tell us about the features of Jaguar when it goes GM?

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Wow! he's running on Jaguar everybody! isn't that amazing? I proclaim him to be God because he's cool enough to download a copy of Jag off of Carracho. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>(topicolo)I proclaim him to be God because he's cool enough to download a copy of Jag off of Carracho. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We already have two, we don't need three. :p :p :p :p

>(merges) the asynchronous progress indicator (formerly chasing arrows, now the "shockwave-like thingy" as it was most elegantly described) is visible in the countdown widget at http://www.apple.com/macosx/

I think that same one is also in the startup screen of Jaguar, as a few others have pointed out.

bigapple, are you using a G3 or G4? Are there incredible speed improvements on your computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.