Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NightLord

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
I downloaded Lemmings off the internet, for Mac Classic, but whenever I try to run it I get a file error -108.

Does anyone know what I have to do to get this game running? (I use Tiger with latest updates).

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
It's for mac classic? It won't work booted up normally. I believe you need to install classic off of the CD that came with your computer.

NightLord

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
I have classic installed.

Otherwise it wouldn't run and I wouldn't get the error.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
NightLord said:

Wait... are you using Mac OS 9 as your default operating system? Or, are you running Classic mode under OS X?

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
NightLord said:

You originally said "whenever I try to run it...". Don't give me a sharp response like that, I'm only trying to help you and you weren't being clear.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Classic emulates OS9. Lemmings is from way before then. I'd be surprised if it even ran on a true OS9 system, much less an emulated one.

NightLord

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Apologies if that sounded sharp, it wasn't intended to be.

Any ideas?

lilstewart92: OS 9 Classic in Tiger

jsw: I've read a few things of people running it on tiger.

NightLord

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Regardless, I'd still like to know how you got it working.

EDIT: Odd, somehow its working now, well, sans sound and music, but its a start

Applespider

macrumors G4
Hmm, now I've confused myself. I've deleted it from Apps (relatively recently, I think, since I'm sure I saw it a few weeks back).

I do have the SNES version still on the hard drive - but it doesn't go much beyond the loading screen so since I recall the frustration of not being able to choose anyone but a digger, suggests that I did have another version of it.
I do still have a patch in my downloads file (Updater 1.2.2) which I suspect I needed to make it work. I think the patch is what gets you the sound?

NightLord

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
It works and has sound, I downloaded the patch and ran it, and we're good to go.

Only problem is the cursor is the same colour as the background, so I can't make it out easily :\

EDIT: Hooray! Fixed that too! Just popped open res editor and made the cursor white. simple :)

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
My preferred way of running Lemmings on the Mac is to use the DOS version in DOSBox. The graphics aren't quite as nice as the Mac version, but it runs great. BTW, I have a website: http://www.lemmingsuniverse.net/ that you might find interesting. Haven't updated it significantly in a while; I need to work on that.

TheT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
NightLord said:
It works and has sound, I downloaded the patch and ran it, and we're good to go.

Only problem is the cursor is the same colour as the background, so I can't make it out easily :\

EDIT: Hooray! Fixed that too! Just popped open res editor and made the cursor white. simple :)
Would you mind sharing somehow? :D (as in upload that file somewhere)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.