1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Running my iBook to my Cassette In my Car

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sethwerkheiser, May 7, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Can I just get one of those cassette adapters, plug it into my iBook, and play my songs through my car stereo? I don't want to waste my money on an adapter jsut to find out :)

2. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Yup. Anything with an audio out of that nature can be used with the casette adapter.

3. macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

good idea. you normally only think of using one of those adapters with portable cd players.

4. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And there we have it, the much talked about iPod with color screen, the ability to d/l your photos and your home folder.

5. macrumors 65816

abhishekit

yes, i use that,and i have salling clicker, so i control it with my cellphone.. it works very well..except that i have to keep the ibook open..

cheers

6. macrumors regular

sorry, i was just interested to know how you get the cellphone to control the tracks?

7. macrumors 68010

Dreadnought

Isn't it illegal to have a computer open next to you? Just like talking on your cellphone without a carkit?

8. macrumors regular

I did this once, without Sailing Clicker though... good thing I had set up a playlist before I went driving, navigating iTunes would have definitely caused a crash!

Dreadnought: No it's not illegal to use your phone while driving, at least around here in Ohio.

Souljas: http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/ It's quite a wonderful program :D

9. macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Theres a software called Salling Clicker, it lets you use your bluetooth enabled cellphone as a remote for your bluetooth enabled mac. Its awesome, to say in one word :) , u can download a demo and see yourself.

cheers

10. macrumors regular

Only here in Cawl-ee-for-nee-ya (California)...Link

11. macrumors 68010

Dreadnought

Well, it is in Europe! The fine for talking on your cellphone in a driving car is as much as a carkit. (little prank from the government!) Fooling around on your laptop is the same. So make sure you have a playlist all set!

12. macrumors 68010

Dreadnought

If you are running your laptop next to you, you can also use it for navigation! Just thought about that, not bad this late in the night! (local time: 2:35 am)

13. macrumors regular

Wow.. thanks for the response guys. I cant wait to try this out. Much better than burning CD's all the time.