Running to the beat of your music

Discussion in 'iPod' started by joggernut, Sep 19, 2005.

1. joggernut macrumors newbie

As a casual runner who listens to music on an iPod, I find it exhilarating to run to music that matches my running pace. I therefore launched a website devoted to listing iTunes songs whose tempos are in the range of my pace (about 150 to 180 beats-per-minute). I've also put together playlists that include songs with tempos that match warm-up and cool-down as well as peak paces. Most playlists last about 30 minutes.

I'm doing a small survey of mac users who like to run to music to see if I should promote the site further. I would greatly appreciate it if Mac Forum users would look at my website jogTunes.com and offer comments, criticism, and advice regarding its design and content. It generates income when people order "joggable" tunes by clicking on the iTunes Music Store links to the tunes, similar to DailyTunes.com. It also has some GoogleAds. Please submit responses to the jogTunes Forum or to jogtunes@jogtunes.com.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nice. I listen to music with as fast a tempo as possible when running. I'm a sprinter, so the angrier the lyrics, the better too. :)

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Not a runner, but I've found that some songs, specially AC/DC's Highway to Hell, are perfect for keeping pace on a couple of long, hard gradients when I'm going for walks in the mountains surrounding Bergen. :)

4. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

That's a pretty cool idea actually. I'd be more interested if there were more songs that we for younger people, such as punk, hip hop, rap/rock, etc... Don't really want to listen to 80s music :rolleyes:

Edit: just looked at the site... Too mainstream/old people music for me.

5. the_freddinator macrumors regular

Cool idea- i like how you went about doing that. Complete w/ BPM and what part of the workout the song coincides with.

If I liked exercising, I'd definitely contribute. too bad I don't like exercising. just a lazy teenager :p

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Well, some songs I run to:

t.A.T.u. - All The Things She Said
    t.A.T.u. - Not Gonna Get Us
    The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
    Tragedy - Steps
    Together Forever - Rick Astley

PS. How do you find the BPM of a song?

7. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Awesome idea and pretty good implementation.

Lacero, I think that BPM is an option when browsing music in iTunes...

8. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Don't you have to manually input the BPM?

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you do much running Lacero?

Nice for sprinting but try lasting more than a minute keeping up with that song. :eek: :(