Running Vista Home on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amigo, Feb 17, 2007.

1. amigo macrumors newbie

Hands On: Running Vista Home on a Mac
    In spite of what its license says, you can run Vista Home via virtualization apps

If you care about running Windows on a Mac, you’ve undoubtedly heard that the end user license agreement (EULA) for Windows Vista Home Basic and Home Premium forbids you to use these versions of Microsoft’s latest operating system release with virtualization software—software that allows you to run operating systems other than the Mac OS in a windowed environment within the Mac OS. Such virtualization software includes the popular Parallels Desktop for Mac. What the reports on this matter don’t reveal is whether this is simply a legal restriction or also a technical one.

I hoped to have the answer. And then, last night, it came to me in a dream.
    Continue Reading =)

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

wow, is there? did u check to see if windows XP or 2000 have same restrictions? if so, wonder how many law-binding ppl here at MR would like to break the EULA. LOL, I don't care, really

But to my impression, probably because M$ worry that there will be unpredicted problem when running Vista on mid-range or low end mac. after all, Vista does require a decent graphic card.

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Nice 'dream'. ;) One thing i've always wondered though, doesn't BootCamp emulate the BIOS for Windows to dual-boot? So technically doesn't that class as a 'virtualization' in it's own way? :confused:

Ah well. I'll be keeping XP running in parallels, it works well enough at the moment.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

:eek: he ran Vista through VM? lol, why torture himself. lol