Running w. Nike+, best nano?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sparks9, Nov 23, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

So my trusted old nano 1st gen is dying and i need a replacement. Most important task is tracking of running with Nike+iPod. In addition I listen to music. These are the only features I need. Price doesn't matter.

So which gen iPod nano should I get? I still see a few 5th gen nanos available in shops.

5th or 6th gen which is best for RUNNING? I don't care for video or any of that.
    :apple:

2. macrumors regular

The answer is: it depends. :)

If you are the type who changes tracks a lot while running I would recommend the 5G because of the physical buttons. But if you just put on music and go and rarely touch the iPod while running, I would recommend the 6G because it is so small and light.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I'll probably get the 6th gen then. Unless someone has bad experience using it for running?

4. macrumors member

I use mine for running all the time. Had it since release day. I usually create playlists so I dont need to access it as much when running so I can deal with not having physical buttons readily accessible. I like how it can clip on to my running shorts and not even notice it there, or I can clip it on to a wrist strap and wear it like a watch. Only downside is routing the headphone cables through your shirt. Luckily, its cold now so I've been running with long sleeve shirts and jackets, so I barely notice my headphone cable routed through my shirt.

5. macrumors newbie

Only because you said price didnt matter

I know you said nano, but i'm ignoring that.

Nike+ GPS on the iphone is the best. You don't have to wear nike shoes, buy the sensor or sync with your computer. It seemed like every time I was on vacation the sensor would start to fail and I would have to try to track down an apple store to buy a new sensor. Now I don't have to.

You also can wear any shoe for running and not have to use a sensor wallet since there are no sensors outside of the iphone.

But really the best part is that you don't have to wait 5 minutes for the sync to occur if you want to see it on the nike plus website. It happens otomatically.
    mike