Rush Limbaugh apparently back on drugs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Link

I'm trying to contain my feeling of schadenfreude. Really I am. ;)

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

In trying to wed into one term, OxyContin with Oxymoron, I am presently at a loss of word.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Couldn't have happened to a nicer a**hole.

EDIT: Wait- Thomas, just went the link and it says he settled the past drug thing with the authorities. I'm confused.

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

:confused: That is obviously not the same story I quoted, even though it's at the same link.

I checked it out, and the story that is at that link now is apparently correct, since it is also being carried by the Washington Post and other media. Obviously the one CNN had up earlier was incomplete and misleading. What I quoted was the entirety of that article. Nice job, CNN. [​IMG]

Accordingly, I am changing the title of this thread.

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Follow-up: I searched for other versions of the original article still on the web and found one:

[​IMG]

Just so you won't think I'm the one who's on drugs. ;)

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I don't think the implication is that Limbaugh is currently on drugs. The charges stem from the long-running investigation into Limbaugh's 'doctor shopping' escapades.

It sounds like he's getting a pretty good deal -- rich man's justice so to speak.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm sure he'll get off with a slap on the wrist and go right back to calling for drug users to be thrown in jail (though I noticed he's quieted about that a bit lately). Just like that other hypocrite O'Reilly who still talks about how bad Clinton is for what he did while neglecting to mention the loofah thing. And yet "good" religious folks keep hanging on their every words because apparently God hates fags and Muslims but loves guns and tax cuts for rich people, and you can be Christian just by talking about it even if you do the exact opposite on a regular occasion. Unrepentant to your sins while faulting others for theirs. But you don't get thrown in jail for being a bad person, and if this is all they could get him on, at least it's something to prove what kind of person he really is.

Oh, and, HA!