Rush Limbaugh cuts deal with prosecutor, spins it as if he "won"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, May 2, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Man, can this guy manipulate, massage and distort the truth, or what?

Note the sections in (my) bold, particularly the difference between what Rush Limbaugh says and what the defense attorney quoted at the end says. Limbaugh really is in his own little dream world, isn't he?

To Limbaugh's question "Do you think if there was any real evidence, we would have reached a settlement?" I answer, "Do you think if there was no real evidence, that you would have agreed to a settlement?"

Pompous ****ing hypocrite.

Link

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Spin & Lies seems to be the republican way of doing things these days isnt it? I saw his spin yesterday. Trying to say he is innocent yet he had to pay 3K to the police state and millions to the lawyers?:confused: Pee test for next couple of years? Doesnt sound innocent to me.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Anyone who continues to take this fool seriously is a fool themselves. He's nothing more than a blowhard hypocrite who, by his own past assertions, should be in prison right now.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Im sure it was thousands & thousands of $$$ for pushing.....paper.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I guess the thing that's interesting is whether or not he goes back to campaigning on the air for harsh prison sentence for drug abusers.... *le sigh*

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Doesn't matter, he still did it. We all know it. Falafel.

8. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

You guys gonna be as hard on Patrick Kennedy as you are on Rush? Just wondering... ;)

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If not we need to be, we need to get rid of all these jerks. Kennedy isnt qualified for making popcorn let alone in congress.

10. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yes and no.

The timing of his accident is suspicious (not too long after the bars close). Also, the fact that he was not given a breathalyzer is bull****. Kennedy shouldn't get away with that any more than Cheney should have.

The difference as I see it is that Kennedy is not "holier than thou" about his drug problems.

He's also not trying to spin it or make excuses for it. While he told an apparent lie about "drug interaction" on the night of the event, he seems to have quickly fessed up to the truth.

I hope after this latest rehab Kennedy will be able to stay clean. Substance abuse seems to run in the family, and it's an ugly, ugly thing.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sure, just as soon as you defend Kennedy as vigorously as Rush and Duck-It's-The-Vice-President! Cheney! ;)

Seriously, though... Kennedy can and should face an investigation. I mean, anyone who is taking medications and admits to drinking the proverbial "just one beer ossiffer" before he shoots someone in the face should face an investigation, don't you think? Oh wait, wrong case. Lets try again. Anyone who admits to an addiction should be given another chance, right?

See, it was no big deal when Cheney covered up his actions, but when a Kennedy does it the right wing-nut-o-sphere goes completely bonkers. And how many times have we heard that Rush is a great guy who deserved forgiveness and another chance because he admitted he had a problem?

Sure Kennedy should face the music, the same as an ordinary person. What I'm curious to see is whether the righties will hold him to the same standard they hold their people too.

Oh and I don't recall Kennedy calling for imprisonment of drug users, do you?

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Kennedy's a drunk. You won't hear anyone excusing his behavior here (I'd hope). Doesn't seem to be a hypocrite though, and that's one of my real problems with people like Rush. Had he acted more like Kennedy did and humbled himself, he would be easier to forgive. But when I heard him the other day (he was playing on someone's radio at work, didn't have a choice), he sounded just as bad as ever. The fact that (another) Kennedy screwed up doesn't change the fact that Rush is guilty. And worse than just another pill-popping celeb, he's an arrogant, hypocritical, lying, pill-popper.

If you want to start a thread about Kennedy, go do it.