Rush Limbaugh talks about MacRumors.com

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Heb1228, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Rush was talking some more Thursday about the iTunes announcement, (already covered here and here). The he started talking about how word got out on some "Apple websites" and how he went to the forum section and read some of the comments people were making. He talked about how some threads were instructed not to discuss the political side of the issue and some other comments that made it sound like he had been reading the MR forums.

Here's the audio... I included the whole segment (6 min 11 sec) for the whole iTunes discussion but he starts talking about the rumor sites about 4:30 into the clip. I thought you guys might like to hear it.

He never says the site by name, but I'm pretty sure its us he was talking about. Judge for yourself. I don't mean for this to turn in to a political discussion on it... just thought it was kinda cool he talked about us on the air.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I checked a couple of the more popular Mac forums and didn't find anything recent about Rush, so maybe he was talking about us.

Beyond that, I have nothing to say that isn't political, so I'll reserve it for this thread.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Since I refuse to listen to a second of his drivel, did he mention my comment? :D

4. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I just remember the stuff Bill Hicks used say about him...especially the one that started 'speaking of Satan....I was listening to Rush Limbaugh the other day...'.

Sadly I can't continue the quote as it's a bit adult in content.

5. Heb1228 thread starter macrumors 68020

Heb1228

i figure that might be the case Thomas, that why I linked to the other thread in the OP too! :D

I just think the way he talked about how some threads weren't supposed to get political sounded like the MacBytes story about podcast subscriptions.

Any you guys really need to lighten up! I know a lot of you guys don't like him, but seriously! If you go through life that intense, you're going to pop a blood vessel. He's just talking about Mac and iTunes stuff, its ok to listen to a couple minutes! You won't fall over dead! :p

6. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

Yes they will. Listening to a wide range of opinions and thoughts can be hard for some. I'm not a fan of Rush L. (Rush the group, yes) - but the original comment posted was about the possibility that he may have been referencing MR. C'mon folks, get over yourselves.

7. D*I*S_Frontman macrumors 6502

FWIW, Rush is a big Mac fanboy. Always mentions them in a positive light on his show. He might, in fact, be one of the most influential advocates for Apple, given his huge marketshare in talk radio. And one of the most credible--you bet Jobs wouldn't give Rush a red cent to hawk Macs. Rush likes them for the same reasons we do.

BTW, this kinda deflates the "PCs are for heartless, money-grubbing, pro-war, pro-business Republicans, and Macs are for artsy, creative, anti-establishment, peace-loving, intellectual-snob liberal democrats" stereotype.

I am very conservative. I am also creative. Most of all, I HATE dealing with viruses, hardware/software incompatabilites, and counter-intuitive software design. I use a computer to get work done. Ease of use, stability, and TCO all tip me in the Mac direction.

Even if AlGore is on their board of directors! (yikes!)

8. Heb1228 thread starter macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Steve listed Rush's name on his Keynote presentation the day they announced podcasting, just as an example of big names in media that were already offering a service similar to what iTunes was about to start.

While I'm sure Steve doesn't agree with Rush much politically, I'm sure he appreciates the free advertising. See? We can work together even when we have differences of opinion! :D

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Very true about Rush being a Mac fan. He always mentions them in a very positive light.

His site and DLs are Mac friendly as well. He also supports podcasts of his shows for paid subscribers.

I love when he makes jabs about PCs and virus and that the Mac doesn't have any.

He used to have a 22 inch Cinema Display on his desk in clear view. Now it looks like he has a new 23 inch one.

Personally I find Rush very entertaining and interesting. Of course you have to listen to him for a while to catch his wit and humor. If you just listen for a few minutes, or just a day or two you will probably miss most of what he is saying.

Anyhow, his being a fan sure can't hurt.

10. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I totally agree and feel the exact same way here, I couldn't have said it any better myself. And hey, if he does duck in here to read some of the comments, that's cool too. It just goes to prove that Mac/Apple lovers come from all walks of life and backgrounds.

11. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

It is good to know Rush is a fan of Mac. As one of the greatest minds, if not the greatest, of our time. It is good to know that he and I make similiar choices.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The fact he's a Mac user doesn't make him a drug abusing *******. What if we had computers in the 1930s and Hitler had a Mac? That wouldn't change anything about him as a person. What if Osama bin Laden is using Final Cut Pro on his new MacBook Pro in his cave to edit his videos? Doesn't change anything.

13. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Hey Rush, what's your SN? It would be a lot cooler if he posted every now and then.

14. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I also completely agree with the post you were replying to and would have had a lot of trouble saying it better myself...:p

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Ease off on the ego stroking there! :eek:

16. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Rush?

17. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Ah well, I just got back from vomiting after reading the title.

I hate Rush. However, I really don't care if he reads our forums. In fact, I would love it if he would start posting here! Then I could have some fun...

18. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

Jesus Christ almighty ... are you going to cry now ??? Please post your address and I will send you a box of tissue.

For the record, early in Rush's career on his award winning radio program, I heard him myself say that apple was dead in the water. Who knows which one or combination of apples products changed his mind. So to follow your logic ... If Osama or Hitler had been introduced to Mac. they may have had a revelation to their way of thinking and taken a place among some of the most respected men in history.

19. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Nope, I think he was saying if Hitler and Osama had a mac it wouldn't stop them being dicks. Just as Rush Limbaugh having one doesn't stop him being one

20. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

You could be right Caveman. I don't know. That in consideration, yg17's original comment would then imply that his descipton of Rush is fact, and I am somehow missing the point that I am admiring someone who by virtue of his character is undeserving of any admiration. However the fact is that is his opinion and has no relation to fact. It is he who is missing the point, that like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Rush Limbaugh and Apple are two great things that have come together.

21. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

Wow - half the replies in this thread make no sense to me no matter how many times I re-read them.

22. zach macrumors 65816

zach

dag, i just read this thread title and it merged in my head with the Slobodan Milosivic thread...

i read: "Rush Limbaugh Found Dead in His Cell".

if only.

23. Heb1228 thread starter macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I think they have medication to deal with those kind of anger management issues...

24. zach macrumors 65816

zach

:D

25. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Wow...is obfuscation a profession or is it just a hobby?

BTW, Resse's Peanut Butter Cups taste awful....like most American confectionary. When did American candy manufacturers decide that tasting like graphite was a desirable property? I'm not claiming our British stuff is fantastic but you should really try the Belgian or Swiss stuff (you remember them...they're in 'old Europe').