S-10 mounted imac

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by windowsblowsass, Apr 3, 2004.

1. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

i have an idea i want to take the monitor out of my 333 iMac and use a vga to rca switch to have the image be on a small portable lcd(for an xbox) then mount the imac in the cab behind the seat then take a shuttle dial and use that to control itunes & other things only problem i have is coushining the imac to prevnt harddrive crash and connecting the imac to my stereo any advise? :D
    '
    just mounted the lcd today on the ash tray works good did a test run with my ps2 just hooked in the power converter then plug it in this is gonna be awesome when i get around to doing it

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I have no ideas at all about how to do that but it sure sounds cool. be sure to post pics here when you have it done. :)

3. windowsblowsass thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks if i manage to do it ill post pics

4. ghostee macrumors 6502

To connect your iMac to the headunit you have a few choices. If you have RCA inputs on it, use a RCA to mini adapter and those. If you don't have those but have a CD changer hookup, some manufacturers (Kenwoods do for sure) sell a CD changer to RCA convertor, so you could use that and the RCA->mini cable. If you don't have any of those, your stuck with either a cassette adapter or a FM transmittor.

There's a site that caters to that kinda thing, www.mp3car.com, although I don't know how mac friendly they are.

5. windowsblowsass thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks i plan on ripping out the crt chopping down the case putting in an apple to vga converter then a vga to rca converter for video and i have an audio out set up already

6. windowsblowsass thread starter macrumors 6502a