?'s about using Macbook power adapter

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by notwist, Mar 26, 2007.

1. notwist macrumors regular

Whenever I'm at home, I use my MacBook with an external keyboard, mouse and monitor. I usually just run it in clamshell mode. FOr some reason I am unable to wake up my computer when the power adapter is not connected. Is this normal? I am also unable to use my computer when the power adapter is unplugged. For example, if I unplug the power adapter while it's on, the computer will automatically go to sleep. Is this supposed to happen?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

In regards to your first question, that is normal. Apple laptops can only run in clamshell mode if they are plugged into an outlet.

As for your second question, I'm assuming you are still talking about clamshell mode, but just referring to unplugging an awake MacBook in clamshell mode instead of waking a sleeping MacBook in clamshell mode. If so, then yes, the same rule applies. If you are instead talking about it going to sleep upon unplugging when not in clamshell mode, that is not normal and indicates a battery or power management problem with your computer.

3. notwist thread starter macrumors regular