S.Jobs in here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zoran, Mar 18, 2006.

1. zoran macrumors 68020

I wonder in general if all the VIPs ever make their ways in the forums that fans make. what i mean is, can Steve be in here with some nick mingling around with users exchanging options, listening to dissapointments etc? Id really love to know he is somewhere between us, looking and asking for views and opinions! Heck id love to speak to the guy him self!
    Anyway Steve wherever you are and i you can hear me... your doing a great job but give a hard push on the powerMac line! And dont upgrade stuff so fast, i prefer to get a good/fast mac that will last 5-6years!

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Thanks – glad you like what we're doing! Don't worry about the Power Mac, I've got our best people working on it and I'm sure...

Damn! Gone and blown my cover! :eek: :(

3. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I dont think the forum is the best place to get product info and feedback. Companies normaly have better ways finding feedback. I am certain there are a few who work at apple that give these forums a visit once in a while.

4. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Forums like this would be a pretty good source of Market Research for Apple I would imagine... Although, as AppleInsider pointed out, there appeared to be a lack of R&D at Apple.

5. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Im pretty sure they listen. If not personally, through someone who's job is to read these and similar forums.

6. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

And what a sweet job that would be!

7. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

of course they do. this is a great way to find out what they need to improve on and what consumers want in general. Free market research. All they need is a computer and a person and an internet connection (apple has all three).

8. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Yeah, wow. If someone paid me to read MR, I would be rich! ;)

9. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

MAYBE STEVE IS LACERO AND HE DUMPED US BECAUSE HIS LIFE'S GOTTEN TOO BUSY WITH ALL THE COOL NEW STUFF APPLE'S MAKING! :eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D :eek:

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

11. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

Id almost do it for free man, dont make fun of it! That job is prolly the most crucial job of all...almost!

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well for me it's a voluntary position, but I do it well. ;)

@Lacero: Please bring us a new Intel iBook/MacBook on April 1st, please! Thanks for listening, Steve.

13. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I think they keep R&D expenditures under control these days for a really good reason. Vast research expenditures with no real focus is what nearly killed the company years ago. The current arrangement is clearly producing products that sell, so they are doing something right in there.

14. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

15. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

16. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I'm sure the VIPs call in every once in a while. I don't think Steve would have a log in here though.

Maybe one of the MR Gods is Steve!? :eek:

17. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Never!!!

Oh, and SJ does not read this forum. He likes Macosrumours.

18. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

I bet they do check it out from time to time.

No doubt they all have a good laugh at our expense regarding some of the wilder rumors.

I doubt Jobs comes here that much though, he has to be an insanely busy man. There are, if reports are true, always employees to be yelled at. ;)

Having said that, he's not Steve Ballmer, so those who feel his wrath won't be dodging furniture. :)

19. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I dont think MRs ever gonna get over Lacero.

I find it funny though that he joined on 1-20-2005, and stopped posting on 1-20-2006. ;)

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Execs get people to check forums. That much I know. During a little stint at a Yorkshire based game developer years ago I saw some people scanning Gamefaqs and stuff, finding out bugs, problems, reactions etc. Whether or not they post is a different matter.

21. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

What if G-d was one of us....bah bum bah bah bum bah bah bum something something....

22. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

you made me laugh so hard i just spit coke all over my macbook pro!

jk jk. im drinking lemonade and i didn't spit it up.

but that was funny.

and im on a mac mini btw.

23. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Yeah, Yeah, what do you want? Make it quick, I've got a very busy schedule designing something that you don't know that you need yet.

24. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Every society needs its myths and legends ...

25. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

I'm sure that there is some useful marketing data that companies can pull from enthusiast sites, and I am sure that lots of big companies have researchers who scour enthusiast sites for feedback. Heck, Nvidia even runs their own forums.