S-video to TV....?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wano, May 26, 2003.

1. Wano macrumors 6502

I was wondering how I can hook up my powerbook via the S-video cable to watch DVDs on my tv?
    Thanks!

2. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

All you have to do is plug the PowerBook in to the TV. You can adjust the screen resolution to fit the TV screen in the Displays preference pane in System Preferences.

3. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Wano,

assuming your TV has s-video, then do as ibookin said, but I am pretty sure what you mean is an S-VIDEO-to-RCA converter cable, which I am not sure about. Maybe go to your local electronics store, like a circuit city, and ask them if they have a s-video to rca adaptor/converter thingy. Sorry that I cannot help, since my mac doesnt have svideo :D

4. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Plug S-video to PBook--Open Sysprefs--Displays--Find the button to detect displays (alternatively selecting to view the little thing on your menu bar will allow you to detect displays from there). It will usually adjust the monitor size automatically. Pressing F7 also swithes from mirror to dual-monitor mode.

5. rfgecko33 macrumors newbie

They do make a S-Video to RCA adapter. One can be had, of course, at Radio Shack.