S-Video?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Kayos, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Kayos macrumors newbie

Sort of a video newbie here so any help would be appreciated:
    I picked up a little adaptor from the Apple store that is supposed to be used with the G5 to hook up S-video for $20 and the techs said that though it is for the G5 it may still work for my G4 dual 1.25 Ghz - if worse came to worse I could return it so i figured that it wasn't that big of a deal if it didn't work.
    However, I'm not sure if I have even got the S-video hooked up correctly on the TV as it is blacked out. Has anyone done this before? Should I hook the VCR up to the TV via S-video and then try the G4 into the VCR or should I be able to just go straight to the TV?
    Perhaps this isn't he best place to post this but if anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Keith

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

unless you need the functionality of recording, bypass the VCR. you need to tell the TV to use s-video as input, somewhere in a menu it's an option. usually video1-video2-svideo or something, depending on how many inputs your TV has.

check the tv manual (or find it on their website) and see what it says for connecting s-video, if you don't know what i mean...

pnw