Sacramento, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by El Carbonite, Jun 14, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone going to the Arden Fair Apple Store or an AT&T Store in Sacramento? How about Roseville?

2. macrumors member

Depending on the details of the launch (store opening, 6pm...yada yada), I might go to Arden Fair. Otherwise I might just hit an AT&T store in town. I like going to the Apple store just buy from them, but with gas prices....not worth the drive across the causeway.

3. macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

I'll be at Arden. Probably going to be getting there around 5:45, I hope there isn't a long line... :)

ETA: There's an Apple store in Roseville? Is it in the Galleria? I didn't know about that, not that I would go because it is way farther for me, but didn't know.

4. macrumors member

dragonslayer458

There isn't an apple store in the galleria but there is an at&t store that will be selling them. I'm planning on going to the at&t store. I don't think there will be too many people here waiting in line. but we shall see.

5. macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Oh, okay, I didn't think there was.

There's an AT&T by Arden (might even be in the shopping center, I couldn't tell by the map) so if for some reason it's a no go at Arden I've got it as my backup.

6. macrumors member

Normally I would love to do this, was in the Arden line last year. But I think I will get mine at AT&T since I have lots of questions regarding the service transition that have to be right.

7. macrumors member

I'm planning on either the AT&T store inside the galleria or the one nearer to REI, depending on the line. Both are listed as having the 2G phone. (out of stock I'd assume)

8. macrumors member

dragonslayer458

the at&t store inside the galleria won't be selling the iphone only the att store across the street next to chipotle will be

9. macrumors member

thanks for the heads up - I just saw two Roseville stores and assumed. Duh, one's on Douglass...

10. macrumors newbie

HymerSchmidt

Stockton, anyone? Probably not.

Anyways, how do you figure out which stores are carrying?

11. macrumors 6502

I'll most likely be hitting up Apple at Arden Fair.

Last year, I waited in line from about 5:15pm at the AT&T in Natomas, on Truxel Road (by McD's). Got to the front of the line - next one in - and they come out and say "All out of 8GBs" - BLEH! So I run down to the Apple store, NO LINE! I was in and out in 5 minutes with my 8GB.

I might scope out the AT&T store on Truxel first tho, as its right by my house. If there's any sort of line, I'll be at the Apple store.

12. macrumors member

I'll be at Arden Fair at whatever time it is supposed to be released.

13. macrumors member

swinneyn

Last year I went to the at&t store at downtown plaza. The line was long but fast, I did, however, showup at 11am, 4th in line. That's probably gonna be my plan for this year.

14. macrumors member

dragonslayer458

hopefully this year it will be fast considering all the rumors about manditory in store activations...

15. macrumors member

jcostaman

The AT&T store in the mall has NEVER carried the 2G iPhone. I have tried many times. I think that since the store is so small they must not have it.:confused:

16. macrumors regular

LtCarter47

Last year I camped out for 26 hours at the AT&T store by the Galleria. It was an epic night. Sadly however, I think I'll just be going to Arden after work on Friday this time.

Would've been great to bust out the plasma again though!

Attached Files:

• ATT.JPG
      ATT.JPG
      File size:
      235.1 KB
      Views:
  17. macrumors regular

LtCarter47

The reason is that it's a Parrot AT&T store. Kind of a franchise chain. No Parrot store has the iPhone, and will not be selling the 3G. My friend works for Parrot, and he was actually in line with me at the "real" AT&T store across the street to get one for his store, to be used as a demo unit or something.

18. macrumors newbie

Going to scope out the Natomas Store also since it's near my house. If it's busy/crowded, i'll prob hit up Arden.

19. macrumors member

dragonslayer458

Does anyone think that roseville's at&t store next to the galleria will be busy? if so, what time should i get there? this'll be my first iphone so i need all the tips i can get so i dont get shafted on release day...

20. macrumors 68030

bradl

Not sure, but you do have a choice..

There's the one on Roseville Pkwy next to the Galleria, as well as the one on Douglas Blvd. So you have your choice.

As for Natomas, I'd think that one would be packed, because of how close it is to that bloody Natomas Marketplace and the school. To be honest, I'd make a good trip out of it and make the drive to Davis instead. That one should be less crowded.

BL.

21. thread starter macrumors regular

I know someone that got into the Natomas line around 4pm and they were like 10th in line, not so bad. It might not be like that this year though.

22. macrumors regular

LtCarter47

I've got the feeling it won't be as bad as it was last year, and it wasn't really even that bad (especially at Apple stores from everything I've read). I plan to show up at the Arden Apple store around 4-4:30pm.

23. macrumors 68000

angemon89

I will be there when the Mall opens. I'm gonna be there with 2 other people so it should be fun. (I really want to be first).:cool:

24. macrumors member

dragonslayer458

what are the odds that they will be "releasing" them at 6pm again? I'm hoping for them to do it when the stores open that morning. (I have to work that evening)

25. macrumors regular

macnerd77

I totally remember reading about you last year while i was in line at the apple store arden. that was an awesome setup you had.