Sad after I sold my Powerbook

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DakotaGuy, May 20, 2006.

1. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I am wondering if I am the only one that gets a little sad after I sell a Mac (or two) in my case. I sold my Powerbook and traded-in my iMac G5 lemon. I was happy to see the iMac go, but sad about the Powerbook. I bought the Powerbook to take to Iraq back in 2004 and I used it all the time, but once I got home I hardly pulled it from it's case other then to charge the battery or do software updates. I was offered a decent price for it and I figured if I let it sit in the closet for another year all it would do is depreciate at a rapid pace.

The iMac was on it's second logic board and when I took it back in it was overheating. He offered me a good price on a new one, so I did the deal. I could have gotten more selling it, but not in the condition it was in. I suppose they will get it fixed. Speed was never an issue with the G5, just a poor design.

Anyhow I just bought a new 20" iMac Core Duo yesterday after many issues with my first generation 17" iMac G5. Between the trade in price and the price I got for the Powerbook it covered the cost of the new iMac and I added another 512MB of RAM, since I hear Intel models do better with 1GB of RAM.

I was a doubter when Apple first announced going to Intel, but this thing is fast! I love the 20" screen as well and the built-in iSight. So two older slower computers are gone replaced by one, but then again I hardly ever travel and work provides me a new PC at my desk, so there was no point in the Powerbook at this time. If I need one in the future I will just pick up a new MacBook. At least that is what I tell myself so I feel better about what I did over the last few days.

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

You heartless bastard! Have you no soul? ;)

Mind if I ask what you got for your PowerBook?

3. DakotaGuy thread starter macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

$850

It was a first generation 15" Al 1Ghz Combo Drive with Airport Card and 512MB RAM. In good condition except the hing was starting to get loose. It was probably just loose screws. Otherwise not a scratch. I did replace the HD under warranty.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It's not like he just went out and shot his dog.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I want to sell my 12" rev B Powerbook, and I won't regret it. ;)