Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evilernie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Maybe I'm the only one here that listens to Don and Mike, but today's show brought some really sad news.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=541586

Wife of Radio Personality Killed in Accident in Ocean City
Updated: Monday, Jul. 11, 2005 - 5:10 PM

OCEAN CITY, Md. - Freda Wright-Sorce, the wife of radio personality Don Geronimo and a frequent contributor to the popular nationally syndicated "Don and Mike" show, died in a traffic accident Sunday.
Wright-Sorce, 50, often called in to the comedy show on Washington radio station WJFK known for its outlandish humor and pranks, said Michael Hughes, the station's general manager.

State police said her vehicle was struck head-on Sunday afternoon by a vehicle that crossed the median on Route 90 in an attempt to avoid a pile-up. She died later Sunday at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, hospital spokeswoman Cindy Rivers said.

The pile-up temporarily closed westbound Route 90, state police said.

Hughes said Geronimo was spending time with their son on Monday. The remaining members of the show announce the death on the show Monday afternoon.

Co-host Mike O'Meara told listeners that Wright-Sorce was the "conscience of this show."

"It would always be Freda who would be the great arbiter of what would be done on the show," O'Meara said. "If we were going down a road where we would be going too far, she would call in and say 'what are you doing?"'

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
its always sad when someone dies and many time the media is covering different things( hurriance Denis and London attacks)

sorry for the family too

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
I've never listened to the show either, but my condolences to the family.

zap2 said:
its always sad when someone dies and many time the media is covering different things( hurriance Denis and London attacks)
This can be construed as being insensitive, I hope you did not mean it the way it sounds/reads. The hurricane and bombing took lives as well.

CAM

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2004
Lillington, NC
That's truly awful. I feel terrible for her family and friends.

I've never heard this show, but I hope maybe they can take some time to help get the message out about highway safety. Granted, I don't know all the details of the pile-up, or what options the driver who hit her had. Chances are, though, that all of this could have been easily avoided. I hope all of us who drive will take a little more time, and be a little more cautious out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.