Sadam Dead?

Discussion in 'Community' started by hvfsl, Mar 20, 2003.

1. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

The US fired some missiles at the leadership of Iraq today, but was Sadam among them? There is evidence to say he might be.

News reporters were not allowed to see the damage, maybe becuase they would see his body.

The broadcast by Sadam today did not look like him, his body language etc was different, he also had a different hair cut from the broadcast I saw from Sadam on Wednesday.

2. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

Re: Sadam Dead?

I doubt it.

3. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

You don't think that he is just sitting in one of his palaces like a duck, when he knows that an attack is probable any minute, do you?

Probably it wasn't him on TV, but I bet he left Baghdad hours before and was on the way to a secret and safe place nobody knows besides in his inner circle. They'll have a hard time to get him anyway... They also didn't get Osama so far and maybe never will...

groovebuster

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

They really won't know for sure for a while. Even though he came on afterwards, CIA intel thinks there's a chance he might have been hit and we all saw a double.

In their first urgent review, U.S. analysts were said to be uncertain whether the man on the screen was in fact Hussein, or was speaking live. One official said the case against the broadcast's authenticity included that Hussein has several body doubles and his glasses looked nothing like the ones he normally wears. Though Hussein mentioned yesterday's date in the broadcast, that corresponded to Bush's ultimatum for war and could have been recorded. He said nothing specific about the bomb and missile strike. On the other hand, an official said, "the rhetoric is not unlike rhetoric he has used in other speeches."

U.S. officials cautioned that it would be some time before intelligence could assess with certainty what the U.S. strike had hit, and who had been there. But it was already clear, as it never had been entirely in 1991, that the man in the White House intended to find the Iraqi president and kill him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58177-2003Mar20.html

Only time will tell.

D

5. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

I'm watching TV at the moment... All netwroks are now saying that he is believed to be alive.

6. groov' macrumors regular

saddams new specs

it/he was probably no robot - he wore specs as he read his comment from paper (wasn't wearing them never before).

Dressing up a robot with specs would be the ultimate disguise and prove the intelligence of the Iraqui leadership.

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sure thet he pre-tapped some messages, they can do alot with editing. Then there is a matter of his body doubles. If true it would be quit a moral victory. Confirmation would be with dental records and DNA!

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

confirmation will be available eventually, and it would truly be an amazing thing to have happened so soon, openning shot of the war. Almost to much to ask for.

I want to know more about the people helping us inside Iraq - but that's not something we'll probably ever know. ;)

D

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

like what? just curious what you think they did with the editing in this type of a situation.....

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, if you think about it, they could have planned for it. So there might be dozens of tapes, all done before the war started, laying out speaches for any occassion to make it seem like he's still around. It'd be a smart move in this case.

For all we know he's in the Iraqi Mission to the US on P Street in DC....;)

I'll have to go by there and take a pic or two and post it.

D

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah, but what does editing have to do with that is my point....

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i recognized the field marshall type insignia on the speaker's uniform, but it did not look like saddam hussein to me

the moustache seemed too light and the shape of the head looked different...my wife laughed and thought that was him for sure...no doubt

the body language was quite strange

peter jennings/abc just mentioned that the cia believes it to be the leader and that the "issue has been put to bed for now"

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Maybe all the video was done on a blue/green screen, so they can put new, uptodate info in the background so it looks more timely?

That would suck....

D

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

and they recorded it for everyday ever?

i think it's more likely it was recorded prior to the strikes. or that he is in fact alive

the blue/green screen thing is pushing it beyond what i could believe. though i'm assuming you said it somewhat jokingly....

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

yeah, forgot the 'smilies'

but it made me stop for a second. Given the right talent and equipment, it could be done. That would be scary.

D

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The "Shock and Awe Phase" has been put on hold. According to CNN the Iraqi leadership is in question. Some in the Iraqi military may at the present be working on plans to overthrow the current government.

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This would be terrific, as long as we can account for Mr Evil Saddam, Meanwhile Chiroc is lifting his eyebrows and saying all those deals we made with the killer Saddam are now down the tubes. I sure hope we dont let this guy take over the negotiations of a post Saddam Iraq.

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I also would not want to see France get the fruits of war. Hope the GW will remember how France, Germany, & Russia treated us. To the victor goes the spoils.

19. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what?? i thought this was "for the iraqi people"? to liberate them?

your true reasonings, though hopefully not our country's (though i have my doubts), seem to be coming out.

20. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Re: saddams new specs

Hey it's possible. I mean, that's what the Republicans did with Dick Cheney right?

21. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Oil contracts and prime McDonalds real estate.

22. spony macrumors newbie

ignorance and arogance go hand in hand these days

So war, exploitation and death is your thing? This isn't one of your computer games. "fruits of war", "preventive warfare", "axis of evil". No wait this is my favorite "now is the time to move in". Are you brainwashed or am i paranoid?

CNN "The ware on iraq" splash sceen. It's almost like watching NFL, what's the differance?

The means doesn't justify the method. Your insecurity cannot be repaired by further instability.

what will you do without allies?

23. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

if he is dead, i am hapy because i am heavily anti-war. but what would happen is the US will just take the oil, put up a mcdonald's, and make a wal-mart. the us is only there for oil.
    i am sorry if this may be a little out of line, but his seemed like the place to put it.

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The president of your United States has allready gone on public tv and stated the oil is the Iraqi's peoples and not Saddams. He has said this several times and also stated thats its wealth was for the Iraqi people. why do you choose to ignore that.

25. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Actually the Oil will be used partly to fund the development of the New Iraq. Now as far as mcdonalds and walmarts, as far as I know, they're all over Kuwait...

Besides what's wrong with Walmart?