Saddam Hussein Verdict Video

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by lexus, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

The translation guy sounds really stupid. They need one translator for the judge and another for Saddam.

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

It was very hard for the translator guy to understand what was going on. The judge is trying to tell him the sentence, but Saddam kept shouting random crap out.

The translator guy did sound pretty stupid.

3. andrew050703 macrumors regular

andrew050703

It is a little hard to understand who's saying what - but the bbc version isn't that much better (haven't got the link sorry).

Can't work out what to think about the sentence though - isn't that the easy way out for him? I don't think I believe in the death penalty - even for people like Saddam Hussein

4. pinto32 macrumors 6502

5. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

How is that a good thing?

6. phuong macrumors 6502a

how can i see the video?
    the website asks me to install some plugin but apparently it seems it's for Windows only, and i'm on Firefox 2.0 on OSX:confused:

7. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Do you have Flip4Mac?

8. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I couldnt understand one thing the interpreter said. :confused: No wonder its taken this long there are about 5 people all talking at once all in different languages.

Oh well. Cya later Sadam... oh wait!

9. pdh1 macrumors newbie

How is that a good thing?

You're right. Saddam was actually a nice guy and just a victim of a "Ne-con" smear campaign.

Let thim him go so he can party with O.J. and Hugh Chavez. Thanks for bringing us to our senses!

10. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

I dont think you understood me. I was refering to the fact that the other 600,000 Iraqis have died, not the fact that Saddam is gonna be killed.

11. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

You were being very immature for saying 600,001 dead Iraqis with a smiley face. That is his point.

12. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

And its a valid point...death penalty is inhumane and does not belong in 2006.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^I don't mind it so much.

"He must be new"™ ;)

14. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Actually, it was complete scarcasm, which unfortunatly I am not good at conveying via emoticons. I probably should have used a "rolls eyes" face, but what is done is done.

I made that statement because his sentencing was moved up so as to influence the mid-term elections (which fortunatly it did not). Politicians and talking heads are trying to convince the public that the state-murder of one bad man makes the senseless slaughter of 600,000 Iraqis worthwhile. I wish I understood the supposed logic behind this assumption, but this great enlightenment has thus far eluded me.

So please, do not think of me as some mindless idiot who revels in the death of innocent people, or even in one bad man. I am in fact whole-heartedly against state-murder, reguardless of the recipiant. Call me old-fashioned, but I think that forcing someone to rot in prison for a lifetime is a far greater justice than the momentary joy of seeing them hang from the rafters. I added Saddam's planned death to his already deceased countymen becuase I thought it a proper way to highlight the futility of his sentencing. Indeed, this man has been responsible for unspeakable atrocities, but how will killing him bring those that he tortured and killed back? I realize that it is well-argued that capital punishment can bring closure to a victim's kin, and indeed to some it may. However, I firmly believe that prolonged mental anguish is a far greater punishment than momentary torture or death.

600,000 Iraqis
    3,000 Americans
    ...and thats only the dead

15. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

This will more than likely find its way into the P&R Forum where it can join the 103 posts thread already made on the same subject.

16. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I agree. While it definately IS news, so are many other topics that end up there due to thier divisive nature. I'm surprised it hasn't been sent there yet.