Saddam Judge Plans to Step Down

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Jan 13, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...13T232532Z_01_KWA379084_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ.xml

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

LOL. I don't blame him. Anybody remotely involved in this case has a bullseye target on their backs.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i agree w/ those who think the trial should be moved to the hague.

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I agree with those who agree with those who think that the trial should be moved to the Hague.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Me too. But I'm guessing that BushCo wants Saddam dead after a show trial that doesn't have to get into the intricacies of relationships FOBs (Friends Of Bush) may have had with him, nor into what exactly we gave him and told him during the '80s when he was our bestest buddy in the region.

Of course bringing him to the Hague would go a little ways towards placating the world community, so we won't do it just on principle. Screw you guys, I'm going home.

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

as well as lending it the credibility the bush administration has done so much to remove.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Can't say I blame the guy, all the threats and killings. I guess not everyone believes in due process. Even the worst of us deserves fair and just treatment. Not saying Saddam is a good guy, I also think he should fry, but that doesn't mean people should become what they hate.

Yeah, I know... I'm an unChristian, unAmerican, commie bastard for saying so.