Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Safari 1.2 Released

In your Software Update... Apple released Safari 1.2 today:

Safari 1.2 improves compatibility with websites and web applications by providing increased support for standards, adds support for personal certificate authentication, and works with Java 1.4.2 to enable websites that rely on LiveConnect for communication between JavaScript and Java applets.

This update also provides improved application stability, full keyboard access for navigating web pages, and the ability to resume interrupted downloads.

Safari 1.2 was recently seeded on Thursday and provides many requested new features.

boy

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2003
see... those people downloading safari 1.2 before should have just waited.

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Re: Safari 1.2 Released

Originally posted by Macrumors
In your Software Update... Apple released Safari 1.2 today:

Safari 1.2 was recently seeded on Thursday and provides many requested new features.

Man, that was fast, posted on Mac Rumors the same minute it showed up in my update!

I've been looking forward to "full keyboard access" for quite some time. This'll be cool!

I use it in many apps these days and in dialog boxes, a great feature when I don't want to use my mouse.

drewm

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2003
One thing I don't like is the Download window now shows time remaining instead of kb/sec.

Mr.Hey

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Its nice and speedy on my B&W..... recommended to all you G3 owners out there.....boyOboy first OmniWeb 5 now a Safari update, yay!.

zoozx

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
ca
Safari 1.2 still has problems with Ebay and adding images to your auction.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
One thing that i REALLY dont like with the tabbing is that the tab key cycles through the bookbar bar... I have it set to not tab through links, and those are just a bunch of links :mad:

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
I've not updated Safari for a while (using v85 at the moment) I'm still using 10.2 and was a little suprised to see this requires Panther :/

Is this release the first version that requires Mac OS X 10.3 ?

ropbo

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
It's just for Panther

I think it's just for Panther. Take a look at the download page. It says:

Requirements for Safari 1.2:

Mac OS X 10.3 or later

Any Macintosh computer

Requirements for Safari 1.0:

Mac OS X 10.2 or later

Any Macintosh computer

Rodrigo Otavio Paes de Barros Otaviano

wymer100

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2002
Does anyone know why (technical reasons) this Safari update will only work with OS 10.3? I know the obvious marketing and sales reasons why Apple would not include a Jaguar update.

Oh well, I guess us with only 10.2 will be left in the dark on this one.

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
Could anyone that managed to acquire this build before it's official release confirm weather it works with OS X 10.2 or not? I know Apples download page says it requires Panther but I have my doubts about that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.