Safari 1.3.2 crashes on weather.com?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lyle, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Can anyone confirm this for me (or even better, provide a solution)?

This sequence of steps is crashing Safari 1.3.2 for me on two different Macs running Mac OS 10.3.9:
    1. Visit http://www.weather.com.
    2. In the "Local Weather" input field near the top of the page, enter 35758 (or probably any other zip code) and click "Go".
    3. After the local weather page finishes loading, grab the scroll bar and drag it down to scroll down.
    This was also happening with Safari 1.3.1. The page does load fine using Camino. I've tried the "Reset Safari..." command and that doesn't seem to help.

2. danny_w macrumors 601

Works fine for me using 1.3.1, but I haven't updated yet to 1.3.2, so I can't try it. Also works in Firefox 1.5

3. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

It doesn't happen to me. My work computer is an iMac G4, OS X 10.3.9, Safari 1.3.2. I followed your exact steps and nothing bad happened. Maybe it was some code in a banner ad that caused the problem and that ad isn't showing any more. :confused:

4. tubagruv macrumors newbie

Powerbook G4, OS X 10.3.9, Safari 1.3.2-- Safari will crash every time I load the weather.com site. If the front page loads at all, which is maybe 1 out of 20 times, Safari crashes when I click on any link at all, or even hit the BACK button. I've stopped using weather.com because of it. I just checked, and the problem still exists.

5. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

Working fine here on 10.4.7 and Safari 2.0.4

Seems like the site is somewhat flash heavy (ads), so for those that are having problems, the first thing to do is follow the instructions here for reinstalling flash, then try the site again.

If there are still issues, reset safari.

6. MarcusVV macrumors newbie