Safari 1.3 and Named Anchors?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ducasi, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. ducasi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2004
    Location:
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    #1
    Hi,

    I've found that the new Safari often doesn't jump to named anchors given as part of a URL. I've found it a particular problem in some vBulletin boards I read quite often. Could people check this URL and see if Safari does what it's supposed to do:

    http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?p=2485223#post2485223

    For me, at the moment, it goes to the top of the page and stays there - it should jump to the 4th post in the thread. Does anyone else see this?

    This seems like such a basic problem, I can't believe that no-one else would have noticed it.

    I'm not sure why it doesn't always happen in all the forums I read - maybe it's something to do with the speed of the page loading?

    I've got another related problem, but it's not so bad. It also relates to named anchor links, like the one above. The thing is that when the link does work, but there are images loading in the page above the named anchor, as the images load it pushes the page down and I lose the anchored position. Safari should make sure that image loading, etc, never causes the page to scroll.

    Cheers!
     
  2. superfunkomatic macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Location:
    calgary, ab canada
    #2
    yes, i just noticed the same thing on an faqs page. the anchors don't work, but they did work before the update. really odd.
     
  3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

    Hemingray

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2002
    Location:
    Ha ha haaa!
    #3
    Works fine for me... and I'm running 1.3. :confused:

    Have tried it multiple times on multiple sites, they all work fine.
     
  4. TEG macrumors 604

    TEG

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2002
    Location:
    Langley, Washington
    #4
    Works fine for me. Might iSuggest that you re-download the latest security update and reinstall it. I was having problems with Safari and Java until I did that, and now it works great.

    TEG
     

Share This Page