Safari 2.0.3 really mucked up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mac-er, Jan 15, 2006.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    The update of 10.4.4/Safari 2.0.3 seems to really have screwed things up.

Websites hang, browsing is a lot slower, get "failed to content to server" messages and have to reload several times before a page will load. No Airport. No router. 1 GB of RAM on iMac G5.

Have repaired permissions, restarted, cleared cache, restarted....

Anyone else having these issues?
  2. HiRez macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2004
    Western US
    I have a friend who has reported seeing a lot of beachballs in Safari since the update, don't know if it's related to your problems or not. Her Airport seems to be work fine though. As for me, I'm still waiting for the dust to settle. :)
  3. rye9 macrumors 65816

Sep 20, 2005
    New York (not NYC)
    I have a thread similar to this about my Safari creating about 100,000 page outs and it was the only app open. So yeah, this version is really screwed up, for some of us at least...:cool:
  4. technicolor macrumors 68000

Dec 21, 2005
    Yep. I just installed Shiira, got my bookmarks in. Giving it a whirl. I looked at activity monitor and Shiira is taking up like 2/3 less ram that Safari was using!!!!
  5. jasoncarle macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2006
    I updated both my powerbook and G5 and so far, not one problem at all.

Infact it appears safari is running faster than before for me.
  6. emdotdee macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2003
    Widnes, Cheshire, England.
    i've updated safari in 10.3.9 and it takes an age to open up (if ever) it's pretty much sat in the dock bouncing away, currently i've veryfied and repaired permissions, restarted and nothings changed.
  7. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    What is a page out?
  8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Page ins and page outs are when the computer transfers data between the hard disk and the RAM. FWIW my version of Safari seems a little better than the previous version, so maybe consider reinstalling 10.4.4. :)
  9. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    I can always count on mad jew...Mad jew is my favorite.