Safari 2.0 Crashes Periodically

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zflauaus, Sep 14, 2005.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Whenever I browsing the internet on Safari, it sometimes randomly crashes. I haven't installed the new version because I'm on a dial-up connection and have to wait until the weekend when I stay on. I am using Opera 8.02 for the time being. Anybody else have this problem?

2. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

My Safari had been crashing constantly over the past week or so. I had been thinking about adding some RAM and Safari crashing was the final straw. Ordered a 1GB stick of RAM and Safari has been running flawlessly ever since. So, my advice would be, as always, give it more RAM. :D

3. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

I've had it crash on me a few times in the last couple of weeks... didn't think to much of it though. But then again I just switched to Mac so it doesn't seem out of the ordinary for me to have stuff randomly crash. I have been wanting to get more RAM (512MB)... maybe I should go ahead and get it over with.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

First try resetting it from the Safari menu. Then try deleting the file com.apple.Safari.plist, or the Safari preferences in other words. :)