Safari 6.0.2 not saving bookmarks anymore

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by rickcrna, Feb 19, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Recently, I've noticed that my new bookmarks are either not being saved at all, or they are being saved in random locations among all of my other bookmarks instead of at the usual end of the list location.

Other forums have suggested a problem with the ~Library/bookmarks.plist file and the solution has not helped. Others have suggested a conflict with the Kaspersky's security update.

Can someone help me with this issue so I can return to using Safari?

Thanks
    Rick

2. macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

I can't help because I'm having the same problem. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

3. macrumors 603

blueroom

Are you both using Kaspersky or other anti virus software on a Mac?

4. macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

I have not downloaded any antivirus software. I am using 3 extension: reload button, adblocker, and autocomplete

5. macrumors 603

blueroom

Go to disk utility and repair permissions. Another choice is try WebKit but that may contain it's own perils.
    http://www.webkit.org

It looks and acts exactly like Safari. Handy just to see if the problem persists.

6. macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

Disk utility did some things, but I still cannot add bookmarks. Any other thoughts/ideas?

7. macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

I figured out what worked for me Rick-try this: when you are adding the bookmark, scroll up to add it to the bookmark bar. Mine was adding it to an older bookmark folder that I had. I just neede to scroll up! Let me know!

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

BigMac

All that does it place the bookmark on your bookmark bar. I don't want a whole bunch of bookmarks cluttering up my bar area. I just want them listed in my bookmark drop-down menu.

9. macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

oh. then try scrolling down? :)