Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteinMaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
USA
Is anyone having issues with select buttons and links in web pages not working? I am having issues on several web pages where Safari will not select an option or button when I click on it. For example, I was on Verizon web site and wanted to select a phone for purchase. Safari would not accept the selection. I've had the same problems on other web sites. I have to switch to Firefox which works. How can I fix this or is this a problem with Safari 6.

sericom

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
Same Prob

I had the same problem today. I eventually fixed the problem by restarting my Mac mini (2011) twice and closing the windows individually in Safari as they had automatically opened with each new session of Safari. Safari was fine after that. Hope this works for you.:)

bullrat

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2002
Is anyone having issues with select buttons and links in web pages not working? I am having issues on several web pages where Safari will not select an option or button when I click on it. For example, I was on Verizon web site and wanted to select a phone for purchase. Safari would not accept the selection. I've had the same problems on other web sites. I have to switch to Firefox which works. How can I fix this or is this a problem with Safari 6.

If you're running extensions, you might consider turning off each extension one at a time and refreshing the offending page to see if any are the culprit. Sometimes the extension developer includes options to whitelist or adjust settings that might help. I recently had a similar problem as you described when I visited certain websites and I was starting to want to strangle Safari while it was really a third-party extension that I had to adjust to fix. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.