Safari and Bank of America

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Le Big Mac, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Are others having problems getting the two to work together? All was fine until the 10.3.6 upgrade and the 1.2.4 Safari (at least I think that's the trigger).

Now? One can access, but there are problems with a variety of features in cluding transfering funds.

Tips tricks to work around/fix (other than going to IE for banking)

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

How about FireFox? :D

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Not sure when it's going to be officially released, but Safari 1.3 works fine with BoA - and I saw the same problems with 1.2.x.

4. Le Big Mac thread starter macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Interesting. Teh problem has been discussed on the apple forums. It's not clear whether something in Safari is wrong, or whether BofA screwed up something on its website.

Then again, that question is a bit hard to answer because the metaphysical approach is to say that if it works with IE it's correct, and any other browser that doesn't work must be screwed up (i.e., IE is the standard, not the platform-independent standard).

5. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

that is od. i have no problems with bank of america and safari. and i think i use most of the functions, transfering funds, paying bills etc. im using safari 1.2.4 and OS 10.3.6. i do have the debug hack for safari but i dont think that effects anything unless i specificly tell it to debug a certain page.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

Never had a problem with Safari and Bank of America - are your cookies enabled?

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The problem I had was when logging in from the Fleet site (BoA bought Fleet) - I was redirected to the BoA login site, then told I was already logged in and had to wait 8-10 minutes to re-login from that second page. Painful. Now, in 1.3, I go right in without the second login screen.

8. Le Big Mac thread starter macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Yes, and I tried deleting all bofa cookies (at least those identified as such).