Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foucault

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2002
Pasadena, CA
for the past few days safari and entourage have been crashing my system. I am using OS X 10.2.6. I haven't had any problems before with this. Safari crashes when I go on simple websites, and Entourage crashes when I try to open up an e-mail. I am using Powerbook 867MHZ with 768 MB of RAM. No other applications crashes. I have tried reinstalling Safari, and it continues to have the same problem. I have tried running Macjanitor and resetting the computer and it still continues to crash. Help!! Let me know if there is anything else I can do...

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Re: **Safari and Entourage crashing, help!**

Originally posted by Foucault
I have tried running Macjanitor and resetting the computer

Do you mean resetting the file permissions? I would try that first. I am not on a Mac at the moment, or I would tell you where it is. :)

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Go to Application folder on your Hard drive. Then open utilities folder. Next open Disk Utility application, click on your Hard Drive, then click on the First Aid Tab, then you can press "Repair permissions" button.

Good luck!

Foucault

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2002
Pasadena, CA
since I downloaded the java update I've been having serious problems. I've been able to solve the office x problems, but safari continues to crash when I try to download anything from a website. It also crashes on graphic intensive websites, even though it was able to visit it yesterday...

Foucault

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2002
Pasadena, CA
solve the problem myself. used the apple support and found issues regarding safari, and it solved it. I'm happy again!!! woo hoo!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.