Safari and ESPN

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mypantsaretight, Aug 28, 2004.

1. mypantsaretight macrumors newbie

Aug 27, 2004
    A couple of days ago Safari (on 10.2.8) stopped rendering ESPN correctly. I see the page, some links work, but many do not. For example none of the links down the left side work at all - can't even click on them.

I realize it's probably a problem in ESPN's JScripts, but come on... IE works just fine around the errors. Turning off javascript doesn't help. Is there any way to fix this crud short of upgrading to Panther?

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    odd you should mention this.

I too have problems when visiting CPU usage always goes to 100 %, and today, when I click an article about Eli Manning, it cause Safari to lock up every time.

Although, for me, most of the the time the page loads correctly. I bet its just Eisner still being pissed about the the whole Pixar deal.
  3. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Aug 11, 2003
    ESPN has been the only site I've run into that has periodically caused Safari to hard crash and requires a Force Quit. I have Panther and the latest version of Safari and doing something like looking at the NFL scoreboard on their site will do this everytime. I've resorted to either going to Fox Sports' site instead or if I must go to ESPN, I just use Firefox. It's obviously something funky with their site and it's always been problematic with Safari ever since it came out as a beta early last year.