safari and firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by breakfastcrew, Dec 26, 2006.

1. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

Jul 28, 2006
    Can someone tell me why I should use firefox over safari?? It seems like everyone uses it and I still use safari and ie.....
  2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I can't tell you why people use Firefox on the Mac, maybe it's because some of them wanted something familiar when they migrated from windows. I personally use Safari and would choose it over firefox any day.
  3. heehee macrumors 68020

Jul 31, 2006
    Same country as Santa Claus
    Firefox have extensions and safari don't. But I use Safari 90% of the time.
  4. phpwzrd macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2006
    Extensions it is...

As a web developer - FF provides extensions that help me fine tune my work in a way that safari can't even begin to imagine. Validate HTML, CSS, Javascript... Help highlight form/table/div/span/you name it elements. The list goes on and on.

Safari is a good browser, just doesn't have those (and the other 3billion) extensions that FF does.
  5. breakfastcrew thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 28, 2006

I don't even know what half of the stuff you just said are....I guess I don't need it.
  6. dusanv macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2006
    Try the AdBlock Plus FF extension (I actually don't mind ads, what I mind it the amount of time it takes to load them). Also, it has the phishing detection and it's quicker with some sites I visit (few developers optimize for Safari unfortunately, it's IE and now FF as well). I don't like the fact the widgets aren't native though but I suppose there must be a build somewhere that has that. I like Camino as well, it's a nice browser and Opera has some tricks up its sleeve and it's brutally quick.
  7. Irish Dave macrumors regular

Nov 20, 2006
    The Emerald Isle
    Personally, I just like Firefox better.

Dave :)
  8. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

Jan 4, 2006
    Honolulu, HI
    I still use Safari predominantly, I do have Firefox for testing, but my favorite is Safari by a long mile.
  9. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

Jun 27, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    i love the add-ons for firefox

cooliris preview
    youtube video downloader
    up-to-minute weather

plus its so pretty!