Safari and Gmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reykjavik, Nov 11, 2004.

1. reykjavik macrumors 6502

Why is Safari painfully slow at loading Gmail? Firefox loads it easily 1-3 minutes before Safari does. What gives?

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

What version safari are you using? You up-to-date?

3. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

It's not too bad for me until email threads get pretty long. You get over 15 - 20 replies and it's beach-ball heaven for me. :rolleyes:

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I occasionally have to refresh a page cause gmail gets stuck on a loading screen but apart from that it's pretty quick, my inbox isn't that large though. Looking forward to POP access!

5. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I've found that if you reply but remove the previous messages from the reply it speeds things up quite nicely and they remain threded... I had one going 40 deep and realized I was actually sending our whole conversation back to the recipient (who was also using gmail and sending me the whole conversation). That helped a ton with speed.

7. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

No problems here .... Any other website that you visit suffer the same problem?

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I have the same problem as a poster above where it gets stuck on a loading screen. Otherwise I think the speed is fine. POP access would be nice - cuz I can then use Mail. And I'm looking forwards to the new Mail in Tiger!