Safari and Hotmail?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by burger011, Jun 24, 2003.

1. burger011 macrumors regular

Jan 2, 2002
    When I attempt to download a file from my hotmail account it goes to a page that asks for my password and then goes back to my inbox. Thus, I can't download any files while I'm using Safari.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Also, sometimes when I download a Jpeg in Camino it just opens up in another browser window rather than downloading to the HD, how can I change that so it downloads to the HD?

Thanks for the help,

2. dialectro macrumors newbie

Jun 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Concerning Safari and Hotmail, I have bug reported this to Apple everytime since Beta No. 1 and they still have done nothing to fix it! This happens to every attachement in hotmail. I'm not sure why they haven't resolved this problem, because even though it is an MS site, lots of people use hotmail.

Try Mozilla until Apple get to version 2 or 3 with Safari. I think this last one was rushed just to release on WWDC and we will see another update in the next month or two. At least I hope!
  3. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2003
    Huntington Beach, CA, USA
    Re: Safari and Hotmail?

Control-click on the link to the jpg and "Download link target". If the image is already open, control-click and "Save image".